Thursday, December 24, 2009

Darkhan!

Hey, just a quick notice to let my peeps know I made it to Darkhan. The weather sucked for about the last hour or so, reminding me opf good old South Dakota, only I was in a meeker with 15 mongolians. I made cookie dough today and will make cookies tomorrow. No food coloring, but I am planing on making some frosting chocolate and some vanilla and having a black and white theme, hahahaha! I wi;ll let you know how it goes. I watched Home Alone and Miracle on 34th St, so that's. More to come about the trip later. Some highlights include being dragged of the bus so the proprieters of the roadside diner could take pictures with the white person and some old guy giving my cat a wet willy. Hahaha! Happy Christmas Eve! love, C

3 comments:

Deirdre said...

Thanks so much for the update. I am glad you and the Phoebs made it. That was a big thing to do, take a bus across the country with your kitty. Wowsa. I am going to make cookies today too. Only it is already tomorrow there, so you already did it, but we will be thinking of you while we do it for reals. Merry Christmas Sweet Brave Beautiful Caitlin. I am holding you in my heart.

p.s. In other news Grandma seems to be doing just dandy. She seems more lucid than usual and content, I think. I am amazed. Maybe the whack is coming, but she is adjusting wonderfully so far...

love, Deirdre again.

kate said...

Well done Cakey! I'm so glad that you made it. I made a white-knuckle drive to rcsd, mercy. Channeled our dad and left at 4:30 a.m. for a crawl across the forlorned Wyoming landscape. I wouldn't live there if they paid me, as David Byrne says. A very Merry Christmas to you, and we will certainly be thinking of you, in places where you would normally be, where now there are references to you, and stories about you. Not holes, but ephemera.
It is cold outside.

Camber Carpenter said...

caitlin, this is Camber's mom, with her inb SD. I read your blog faithfully and have never successfully sentg a comment so here goes. Have a very happy holiday and new year on your very big adventure. I easily understaand why you and Camber are friends. Mrs. C