Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Doug Smith

My uncle Doug passed away yesterday. He was a really great guy with a really great family. I wish I could be in Steamboat right now. It is really hard being away from everyone you love, especially at a time when you need each other. School starts next week, which will keep me busy, but I will have more access to a computer, which means longer posts, more pictures, and a happier me.
PS. When I get home, I am going to put on my last brand new clean pair of smartwool socks. I love you Aunt Casey. You are all in my thoughts... love, C

4 comments:

Manny said...

Doug was great and kind. We will all miss him greatly. i will never forget the time he pulled that sliver out of Claire's foot at Charlie's wedding. He was a great dad and wonderful person. We will never forget him <3

Deirdre said...

I am sorry you feel far away from love. Please know that you are not. You carry our love with you always.
Wear your Smartwool socks and feel the love of your family surround you and comfort you, and warm you, as the new, warm socks toast your toes.
Know that you your care and giving when Doug was alive will never be lost.

Unknown said...

Caitlin,
I'm so sorry we missed your call last night! I'm so sorry about your Uncle Doug. I wish I were there to hug you, but know that I'm hugging you, metaphorically, and that we all love you tons.

Sue

Charlie said...

The service was beautiful and very well attended. The church was packed.