Monday, March 24, 2008

springbreak

Today is my last day of Spring Break. It was not nearly productive as I had hoped it would be. I am feeling a little stressed about all I want to accomplish in 68 days before I leave for Mongolia. Perhaps a list would be helpful. These are in no particular order.
-2 papers for French and 1 PowerPoint presentation
-2 papers for Literature, 1 presentation, and 1 course narrative
-Look into taking the GRE and getting grad school credit for the Peace Corps
-Work out more in order to lesson the shock of moving to Mongolia
-Pack or get rid of everything I own
-update my music on my computer and on my iPod
-Learn Mongolian
-Graduate from College

ok, this is totally doable. Doable is not a word you see written often, it just doesn't look right. "Tell me, are your duties doable? What is it that you do do?" On the upside I did finish watching The West Wing, so now I have more time to accomplish the above list. Anyway, I am actually going to start on my paper now. I had to watch a movie called A Day In The Country for this paper by a filmmaker Jean Renoir, who was the son of the artist Pierre Auguste Renoir. It is based on a short story by Guy de Maupassant. The story was good, the movie was bloody brilliant. The only downside was the subtitle were hard to see, but I suppose I should be listening to the French anywho. If you ever get a chance to see it, I would highly recommend it. It is only 37 minutes long and for a movie made in 1937 is more than a little risqué.

Claire (my 7 year sister) just came into the study room I am using at the Rapid City Public Library. She is so cute. The door is too heavy for her and she got a little stuck between it and the frame, almost fell down, gave an exasperated sigh, and went off to play on one of the computers as if nothing had happened . Leaving my family for 27 months is going to really hard, but I have no doubt that it will be worth it.

On to French!

No comments: